Interested In Joining The Data Revolution?
Good choice. We are certainly excited to be working here.
Here are a few reasons why:
What we do is pretty cool.
We were the first to build a true cross-cloud data fabric. And we are developing the technology that’s making it easier than ever before for organizations – and all of their users - to manage their data directly, free from the underlying infrastructure and location.
We work with extremely
The kind of people who not only have an answer to your question, but who come up with answers you’ve never heard before. People who are gifted at what they do – and love doing it. Remarkably, they are also some of the most humble and collaborative people you’ll meet.
We’re building a company
that just keeps growing.
Elastifile is disrupting the industry - fast. To keep pace, we're expanding globally, with offices in Silicon Valley, the Middle East, Europe, and Asia.
It’s a non-stop
We are equal parts creatives and techies. We share our passion in the office over lunch, over happy hours, and on plane rides. Got a crazy strategy that may just work? Lay it on us. We imagine - and then re-imagine - until it's a reality.
Our input matters.
We are Elastifilers - we’re a team and we're a family. We support each other professionally and personally, and we feel valued.
What's Your Passion?
Check Out Our Openings Below
About The Position
Elastifile helps organizations accelerate business in the cloud era, by augmenting cloud capabilities with enterprise-grade, scale-out file storage. Enterprises can leverage cloud resources without refactoring applications, and for a fraction of typical in-cloud file storage costs. A Gartner Cool Vendor, Elastifile is available on AWS, GCP, on-premises, and soon Azure. Based out of Silicon Valley and Israel, we are backed by world-class VC firms LightSpeed Venture Partners and Battery Ventures, as well as strategic investors such as Cisco, DellEMC and Western Digital.
This role is a Site Reliability Engineer and is a member of our developing SRE team. We are inspired by the model pioneered at Google which you can read about in Site Reliability Engineering. You will be a key member of this team who’s mission is to ensure that Elastifile's services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
Requirements & Qualifications
In general, you’re likely the right candidate if:
- You're a coder.
- You know linux.
- You’re driven to eliminate work through automation.
- You love the thrill of propelling a startup through it’s growth phases.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Understanding of enterprise IT application especially as it relates to primary storage infrastructure & specifically file services
Reporting line and location
- You report to the Elastifile Cloud Services VP
- Target locations are San Francisco Bay Area and Minneapolis.
About The Position
an opportunity to help Enterprise customers leverage multi-cloud
Elastifile augments existing public cloud services and facilitates frictionless cloud adoption for Enterprises. Powered by our enterprise-grade distributed file system with intelligent object tiering, Elastifile customers integrate cloud resources with no application refactoring required. Available in self-service mode or as a fully managed service, Elastifile empowers organizations to deploy cloud-native file storage across clouds. A Gartner Cool Vendor, Elastifile is available on AWS, GCP, on-premises, and soon Azure. Based out of Silicon Valley and Israel, we are backed by world-class VC firms Lightspeed Venture Partners and Battery Ventures, as well as strategic investors such as Cisco, DellEMC, and Western Digital.
Over the past 4 years, Elastifile has designed and delivered a cutting-edge, cloud-native file storage solution and, in 2018, successfully launched a bold, “cloud first” go-to-market strategy. We focus on delivering value to Enterprise customers seeking cloud integration to support a variety of use cases, including:
- Bursting to cloud to augment IT resources with additional capacity and/or access to specialized services(see eSilicon example).
- Wholesale “lift and shift” of traditional IT workloads
- Developing new (“greenfield”) services (see HudsonAlpha example leveraging Kubernetes integration).
Our initial sales presence is in the US and Western Europe, and we’ve built a great partnership with Google Cloud, with whom we launched Elastifile Cloud File Service in December 2018. This service augments the Google Cloud service portfolio by providing Enterprises with a turnkey, scalable file storage, fully-managed by Elastifile and billed by Google. We also serve customers who chose AWS (and soon Azure), with self-service offerings via these clouds’ Marketplaces.
Our programmatic go-to-market activities focus on the Media, Manufacturing (esp. EDA), Life Sciences, Oil&Gas, and Financial Services verticals, as these generate data-intensive workloads which demand scale-out NAS storage. In addition, we also serve horizontal IT needs, such as persistent storage for SAP applications and Kubernetes deployments.
Given our cloud-first go-to-market, our customer engagements typically fall into two categories:
- Enterprises bringing a single workload to cloud, within short timelines and with low-touch engagement, led by our Client Relationship Managers;
- Enterprises shifting multiple workloads and/or data centers to Cloud, over 6-9 months and with high-touch motion, including consultative solution engagements with our Sales Engineers.
Mission, duties and responsibilities
Your ultimate measures of success are growth in number of customers, revenues and minimization of churn.
- Establish our East Coast Customer Team including a Client Relationship Manager and a Sales Engineer in addition to yourself as the team leader.
- Engage with our partners at Google Cloud and AWS to position Elastifile vis-a-vis file storage needs from Enterprise customers.
- Develop a network of influencers (cloud consulting firms, system integrators, application providers) who will welcome the opportunity to partner with Elastifile, as they help Enterprises leverage public cloud.
- Win Enterprise accounts in our target verticals and use cases, articulating Elastifile’s value vis-a-vis their business goals.
- Plan and organize a daily work schedule for the team to call on existing or potential sales targets.
- Champion the needs of the customers within Elastifile through investigating problems and developing solutions.
- Collect and maintain data to guide and inform future sales and business decisions.
Reporting line and location
- You report to the Elastifile CEO
- Target location is NYC or in an East Coast city allowing frequent travel to NYC where our cloud partners have large offices
Requirements & Qualifications
- 5-10 years successful experience in enterprise infrastructure sales, 3+ years experience in cloud infrastructure sales.
- Expansive knowledge of the cloud infrastructure industry. Specific storage experience is highly desired.
- Strong sales hunter acumen, with strong relationships, and demonstrated success selling to new accounts;
- Demonstrated ability to excel in customer service, closing deals, negotiation, and prospecting.
- Passion for supporting customers to provide the best solution, optimizing technical along within financial concerns;
- Ability to balance day-to-day activities and deliver short/midterm results along with developing long term strategic relationships with clients;
- Recent successful experience working in global, multi-cultural organizational settings; balancing and integrating a dynamic start-up culture with an awareness and sensitivity to local business and social practices.
Elastifile is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law.
No openings found. Please widen your search using the location & department filters.