Interested In Joining The Data Revolution?
Good choice. We are certainly excited to be working here.
Here are a few reasons why:
What we do is pretty cool.
We were the first to build a true cross-cloud data fabric. And we are developing the technology that’s making it easier than ever before for organizations – and all of their users - to manage their data directly, free from the underlying infrastructure and location.
We work with extremely
The kind of people who not only have an answer to your question, but who come up with answers you’ve never heard before. People who are gifted at what they do – and love doing it. Remarkably, they are also some of the most humble and collaborative people you’ll meet.
We’re building a company
that just keeps growing.
Elastifile is disrupting the industry - fast. To keep pace, we're expanding globally, with offices in Silicon Valley, the Middle East, Europe, and Asia.
It’s a non-stop
We are equal parts creatives and techies. We share our passion in the office over lunch, over happy hours, and on plane rides. Got a crazy strategy that may just work? Lay it on us. We imagine - and then re-imagine - until it's a reality.
Our input matters.
We are Elastifilers - we’re a team and we're a family. We support each other professionally and personally, and we feel valued.
What's Your Passion?
Check Out Our Openings Below
About The Position
Elastifile helps organizations accelerate business in the cloud era, by augmenting cloud capabilities with enterprise-grade, scale-out file storage. Enterprises can leverage cloud resources without refactoring applications, and for a fraction of typical in-cloud file storage costs. A Gartner Cool Vendor, Elastifile is available on AWS, GCP, on-premises, and soon Azure. Based out of Silicon Valley and Israel, we are backed by world-class VC firms LightSpeed Venture Partners and Battery Ventures, as well as strategic investors such as Cisco, DellEMC and Western Digital.
This role is a Site Reliability Engineer and is a member of our developing SRE team. We are inspired by the model pioneered at Google which you can read about in Site Reliability Engineering. You will be a key member of this team who’s mission is to ensure that Elastifile's services have reliability and uptime appropriate to users' needs and a fast rate of improvement while keeping an ever-watchful eye on capacity and performance.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Engage in and improve the whole lifecycle of services—from inception and design, through deployment, operation and refinement.
- Support services before they go live through activities such as system design consulting, developing software platforms and frameworks, capacity planning and launch reviews.
- Maintain services once they are live by measuring and monitoring availability, latency and overall system health.
- Scale systems sustainably through mechanisms like automation, and evolve systems by pushing for changes that improve reliability and velocity.
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems.
Requirements & Qualifications
In general, you’re likely the right candidate if:
- You're a coder.
- You know linux.
- You’re driven to eliminate work through automation.
- You love the thrill of propelling a startup through it’s growth phases.
- BS degree in Computer Science or related technical field involving coding (e.g., physics or mathematics), or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with algorithms, data structures, complexity analysis and software design.
- Experience in one or more of the following: C, C++, Java, Python, Go, Perl or Ruby.
- Interest in designing, analyzing and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems.
- Systematic problem-solving approach, coupled with strong communication skills and a sense of ownership and drive.
- Ability to debug and optimize code and automate routine tasks.
- Understanding of enterprise IT application especially as it relates to primary storage infrastructure & specifically file services
Reporting line and location
- You report to the Elastifile Cloud Services VP
- Target locations are San Francisco Bay Area and Minneapolis.
No openings found. Please widen your search using the location & department filters.